Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Day, Another Destiney

So the day wasn't that dramatic. Did laundry again to cover the things that needed bleached. Most of them dried on the line. Cloth diapers are amazingly absorbent, which I'm thankful for on one level, but it means that they take forever to dry. (All day, in the sun, and they're still clammy when I take them down around 5.)

Today's major accomplishments were fixing Quickbooks for the Maintenance office, discovering that the license for the AV software they have here expired in April (And hasn't updated since May). They're looking into options on the AV front. Internet seems to be going faster now, but at the cost of all network-visible devices having to log in once a day. (And each log in works for only one machine at a time, kicking off whatever device was using it before.) The mail server is -not- currently exempted, which is problematic, at best.

It's strange, mostly because I don't quite have free reign to do what needs done. I have internal mail working at this point, but need play with the station firewall if I want external to come -back- to the server. Also, the machine would need an exemption of some sort for mail to work consistently, or someone will have to log into it everytime they want mail to go out (and possibly come in). Will have to consider dumping their mail server for other options, but to do that would need DNS keys.

Need to see if they want the wireless router I found in the Tech Center (read: 2 adjoined closets with -all- the spare parts for anything that plugs into a power outlet. Oh, and the server and phone system. And what I -think- is an air conditioner that is not currently turned on). I'm not sure how far the wireless would reach from the one I found. Maybe I should turn it on tomorrow and start prowling with my iPhone.

Other than that... I get tired early here. Like, around 9. I think I'm stopped waking up at 5 am, though only to wake up at 6.

1 comment:

  1. Let the cloth diapers dry overnight if you can. Mine usually take at least 12 hours to dry in our furnace room. Yes, I do use cloth diapers by choice.

    ReplyDelete