Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I think I've not had this many grown men threaten to kiss me... ever.

I fixed the Internet for the houses of 1/2 to 2/3 of the medical staff and their families today. Bad wireless card in one of the wireless bridge components. I'll admit I was weirded out by the presence of a PC card (remember those? From laptops built 90s? Before everything went USB?) just connected up to a circuit board witha an ethernet jack and some LEDs on inside the boxes. Thankfully, they had spares which had already been scavenged for parts or something, just not those parts. I thinkI could piece together 2 more (at least) of the things and set them up so they have spares.

Their Exchange server also has issues. But that might have been easier than this was, as I started a service and mail started being delivered. Though I'm not 100% sure what the problem actually was on e-mail. Will likely take a look at that tomorrow.

I also managed to get laundry done while Miriam was napping. I have been Busy and Accomplished Things today. It felt good.

Miriam seems to love it here. Making friends with everyone, regardless of what language they speak. It's facinating to watch her total lack of fear approaching people who live such drastically different lives than she does, and who look so different from those she knows at home. I hope she can keep that optimism and openness throughout her life. I hope some of it rubs off on me.

2 comments:

  1. If only we could all be child-like! Hopefully we will all learn from Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older I get, the more I get what Jesus said about being like the little children.

    ReplyDelete