Friday, June 12, 2009

Saturday Rest

They sent me home around 4:30 yesterday, since call was so long. I got a few hours of sleep after coming home before being woken by a call from B ward. "We have a patient here, footling breech, 6 cm." Well, drat. And that was the end of the night for me - from 3:30-6:30 I was doing 2 C-sections. First one Jim did with me assisting; second one I did. He says I don't need a section backup; he was quite comfortable with my skills. "Call me anytime if you have trouble." Felt good.

What didn't feel good was the rest of the long, long day in clinic. Quite exhausted. But I did see a couple of interesting cases - and they sent me home at 4 or so, to get a nap before dinner. I've got a cold which cropped up in the middle of the night, likely secondary to flying 10 days ago and seeing snot-nosed kids, so you'll have to forgive this not being much of a post.

For those who were asking: The answer to the medical teaser post is TB :) She has miliary TB on chest X-ray and a T8 compression fracture likely secondary to Pott's disease.

Today at 10 will be the tour of the new hospital and then we may go up to a little town and look around. I was going to stay home and sleep, but not so much, it appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment