Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lunch hour

Every day, around noontime, we all stop working and go home for lunch for an hour. Our patients will wait for us. It is simply the way things are done. This morning was a socks morning, cool and dreary, but it has developed into a brilliantly sunny day - warm, almost hot - and so beautiful.

I am treating acute severe asthma with Decadron, IV theophylline, and PRN Xopenex. That's all I've got, around here. Although I'm considering breaking into the OB ward's stock of magnesium if needed, and I think I saw some Advair in the pharmacy while I was getting fentanyl lollies for a cancer patient.

Jessica came to me today to confirm some abnormal findings on funduscopic examination. I successfully identified a liver abscess on ultrasound. It is a better day, even if there are 23432545 patients yet to be seen after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment